How was your commute?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Soulfull, Feb 23, 2010.

1. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

February 2013: 12d cyclocommuting (486m)
  2. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

3. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

How have they been spectacular, f1xedgear?

Well, I'll tell ya. Little wear. No flats. Holds proper inflation for a l-o-n-g time. Longest I've gone w/o givin' em a pump, 3 weeks. Blasphemy, i know
  4. esther-l

esther-l Member

REI sells something called Cat Crap. It is a great fog-preventer.
    Some people use Rain-x on the eyeglasses they wear on bike.
  5. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

March 2013: 18d cyclocommuting (729m)
  6. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

7. esther-l

esther-l Member

I did my first partial bike commute since December's knee surgery on Friday. Drove partway, and biked 6.5 miles each way. Lovely weather! One other bike in the bike rack in the parking garage at work. I will work up to biking the entire way as I build leg strength.
  8. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

^yay!

April 2013: 15d cyclocommuting (608m)
  9. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

parking at work

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

May 2013: 21d cyclocommuting (850m)
  11. jejoyner

jejoyner New Member

I'm new to this thread because I just found it. I live in Cary and commute through town to a number of coffee shops I work in, to performance bike where I work one day a week (in the shop) and into RTP where I work full time. ​
    Today was a nice 5 miles into downtown Apex to work at Common Grounds Coffee.​
    I have a 64cm Fuji Touring that I use as a super commuter.​
  12. rlovinggood

rlovinggood Member

Thanks, I'll look for the "Cat Crap" (Actually, it will be waiting for me in the litter box when I get home...)

I love Rain-X on a glass windshield. Don't know what it might do for a plastic prescription eyeglass lens.
  13. rlovinggood

rlovinggood Member

For a change in my commute, I recently took the House Creek and Crabtree Creek trails in Raleigh rather than riding the streets to get to work. My "regular" commute from downtown Raleigh where I get off the bus is 5.2 miles, but on a beautiful June morning, I decided on using the greenways. And I was rewarded with a 15 mile ride to work. Yea, I was a bit late getting to the office, but that time was logged as "vacation time." Probably should have used "mental health time." Since I was going "clock-wise" around the north and east side of Raleigh, most of the trip was downhill. I saw first-hand the hills that have been mentioned on the House Creek trail. But I got to ride down them. Raleigh's latest Greenway Newsletter, dated June 2013, states a section of the Crabtree Creek trail is closed due to utility construction. I rode through that area and the trail remains open. The contractor is doing a good job to keep the trail clean in the construction zone. Due to the extra time it takes me to get to work, I won't get to use this option often, but I will ride it again someday.
    Ray
  14. rlovinggood

rlovinggood Member

I changed my rear stock tire (don't remember what) to a Schwalbe Marathon (700x32). Don't remember what tube I put in. There must be at least 3,500 miles on the tire and, KNOCK ON WOOD, not one single problem. With the stock tires, punctures were VERY common. Poor old tube seemed to have more patched than virgin rubber...

Ray
  15. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

June 2013: 16d cyclocommuting (648m)

January through June 2013: 99d cyclocommuting (4,010m)
  16. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

First day this month cyclocommuting--some elective surgery kept me off the bicycle the past week. Good week to be off. Glad to be riding again. Nice ride in this morning, steady southerly breeze made an easy spin into dwntwn Durham from west Cary. ATT very peaceful, roads quiet, too, with people still off, I guess. Found a used Brooks b17 narrow saddle that I'll be using on my litespeed fg--my butt's just not used to the Sella Italia anymore, and the Brooks is a comfy seat.
  17. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

It's Friday.

Great cycle in this morning. Clear sky. Much drier. Moon out. Still had to dodge toads and run through cobwebs on the ATT.

Cracked 5,000 cyclocommuting miles for the calendar year.

It's Friday. Life is good.
  18. rlovinggood

rlovinggood Member

Yesterday, Monday the 26th of August, the temperature during my morning commute was 54 deg F. And I wore a windbreaker! Huh? A windbreaker in August? Normally, it's just shorts and a tee shirt, but I added a windbreaker yesterday. I'm not complaining and it sure beats a sweat-fest!
  19. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

July 2013: 13d cyclocommuting (527m)

August 2013: 18d cyclocommuting (729m)

Another lovely Friday morning ride in to work. Car traffic maybe a little lighter due to upcoming Labor Day holiday.

Supplemented my dyno lighting system with a Reelight SL500 flashing rear light. Works well . . and, no batteries needed. Yay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. f1xedgear

f1xedgear Member

September 2013: 15d cyclocommuting (608m)